|Posted on December 28, 2016 at 10:50 AM|
The busy season is upon us here in the fitness industry. Not only is it my favorite time of year to help others accomplish goals they never thought imaginable but also a time to spread knowledge I have learned from my time training the past. Here are a few things to keep in mind when making the commitment to become a healthier, stronger, & more awesome you!
- Start out with small goals! Whether it's just getting to the gym for 10 minutes for three times a week. Getting in the habit of just going to the gym will help launch your new lifestyle instead of becoming a statistic that falls off by spring break.
- Protein shakes after every workout unless it's real food. Remember to drink a protein shake after your workout to help build lean muscle tissue and burn fat. Yes, that includes you too "fat burners", "calorie counters", and "don't want to get big ladies".
- Create a reward system. Setting rewards for yourself once your reach your goals helps us stay focus and movitated so don't forget to treat yourself on occassion!
- Don't make excuses! No body knows yourself better than you do so don't let your mind play games with you. Stick to a routine for at least 8 weeks and you'll more than likely continue doing whatever it is you're doing.
- Don't change everything in your diet at once! When it comes to your nutrition drop bad habits gradually than all at once. These will help keep your moral high and the low deflating cheat meal failures at bay.
- Don't compare yourself to others! Remember everyone is on a different chapter in their fitness journey so don't get down if Bob or Jane is all aboard the gains train and you feel like your stuck in the caboose. Everyone's body is different and it's up to your to figure out what works best for you and your body.
I hope these tips help you with your goals this New Year! Be safe, have fun, and keep it simple.
For more reviews and training qualifications click the link below!